Transport & Travel
Our first action in addressing the impact of transport and travel on Siamsa Tíre’s carbon footprint is to gather information. We intend, throughout 2018 and early 2019, to gather information from our customers, both local and international, about the ways in which they travel to visit us, how far they travel, and with whom they travel.
We also intend to gather in-depth information from our staff team which will help us to identify ways in which the impacts of work-related travel can be mitigated.
Using this information, we aim to develop a policy on ways in which we can assist our customers and staff to minimise their carbon footprint. We will be looking at the following strategies:
- Remote working for staff members (one day per week where appropriate)
- Car pooling initiatives for patrons
- Secure bike parking facilities
- Electric car charging points in the staff carpark
- Video conferencing facilities for meetings
If you have any thoughts on ways in which we could address transport and travel impacts, we would be very pleased to hear from you! You can email us at generalmanager (at) siamsatire.com← Return to Greening Siamsa