Child Protection Policy
Child Protection Policy Statement
Siamsa Tíre Teo is committed to a child-centred approach to our work with children and young people. We undertake to provide a safe environment and experience, where the welfare of the child/young person is paramount. We will adhere to the recommendations of Children First: National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children, published by the Department of Health and Children. We have implemented procedures covering:
- Code of behaviour for all staff;
- Reporting of suspected or disclosed abuse;
- Recruitment and selecting staff;
- Managing and supervising staff;
- Involvement of primary carers;
- Allegations of misconduct or abuse by staff;
- Complaints and comments;
- Incidents and accidents;
- Touring and overnight stays away from home
- Anti-bullying policy when working with children/young people
Our Child Protection Policy is updated annually.
If you have any queries concerning Siamsa Tíre’s Child Protection Policy, please contact Jonathan Kelliher, the Designated Child Protection Person at Siamsa Tíre or Anne O'Donnell, the Deputy Designated Person.